COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
April 29 2015
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Steve Heller and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Jorge Garcia represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm in the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the March 23, 2015 minutes. Mr. Caines seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Board was not satisfied with the board package. The financial had EXPORTED across it? The last HFS report was received three months ago.
- Financial Summary – Income exceeding Expenses by $1,348.44. Operating Cash totals $194,513.27 with Reserves at $103,278.81. The $903.30. YTD income of $41,065.40 exceeds expenses by $8,283.81. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the financial, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report –
- Accounts that are catching up with assessments concluding a total $2,449.22.
- Mr. Wright wanted to confirm that JOSE MAX, was not getting paid double. We will check the financial report to verify is this issue is happening.
- Mr. Caines asked a question in reference to waiving fees for accounts 183 and 231. The board agreed that fees will not be waived at this time, but to look at letters to see what fees the accounts are obligated to pay.
- Mr. Caines received the remotes that were requested.
A decision was made to have Ramco Security go ones a month till the end of June, after the board will evaluate if the parking situation and to determine what they will do with repeat offenders.
- The board want us to put HOME OWNERS WELCOMED, on the board meeting advisory signs.
- Jorge Garcia handed out the collection reports from the law firm to each board member.
- OLD BUSINESS
- 936 Cornell –Option #3 suggested by the committee – Take out circular areas of pavers and put garden beds back in and landscape with plants. Shrubbery should also be planted at the front border of the pavers. An architectural application needs to be submitted before the work begins. Letter will be sent. The issue with the pavers was not discussed. No other solution decided.
- Still looking into the issue of resident having at home carwash business.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Vacant Director Position- The motion to elect Michael Wilson to the board was call. Mr. Wilson was interviewed for approximately three minutes before the decision was made. Motion was called by Mr. Caines. Mr. Kornegay second the motion.
- Reserve for next annual meeting: Mr. Caines asked to reserve the library for the next annual meeting for last Monday in June, which will be, June 29th.
- Architectural Committee- 923 Princeton- To repaint exterior with scheme #9. Ms. Malloy made a motion to approve application, which seconded by Mr. Lawrence. All were in favor.
- Park Benches: Jorge Garcia had given some catalogs to Mr. Heller, to consider placing a new park bench.
- Landscaping: Board wants to assign Jose Max to do some weed whacking in Banyan Canyon.
- Power Washing Park: Mr. Caines volunteered to power wash the park area including statue.
- Mail Boxes: Board discussed the difference on pricing for mail box poles. The decision of what kind pole will discussed in the next meeting. Prices for poles $181.00 through $460.00 were discussed.
- Yard Sale: Mr. Wright had said that he felt there was not a good outcome on the yard sale of April 25th. The new yard signs would not used, but looking forward to using the small sign that was done in error for the back gate and the ordered large for the front gate.
- Welcome Committee Update – Welcomed new tenants.
- Property Insurance Waiver – Board questioned – what property isn’t being covered? As of this date and time we are still seeking information. Mr. Wright is seeking the last waiver that was signed.
- OPEN FORUM
- Mike Mandelo discussed on how to find out if warning signs could be placed on Hancock road for truck driver not to put on their Jake brakes. The board said that it would be Lake County’s decision to place those signs.
- Case had brought to the boards attention that the shingles on the gazebo at the park are falling off, that the roof may need to be checked. It is suspected that kids are climbing the roof and damaging it.
- Case had mentioned that the bulletin board needs updating and cleaning.
- Wilson had discussed the issue with MOLES being created in their yards. Some homeowners are having issues with goffers.
- Next Board meeting will be May27th, 2015 @ 7:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.????
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:25 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.