COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 25, 2014
1. Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Charles Kornegay, and Steve Heller in attendance. There is still one director vacancy. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Sentry Management Offices.
2. Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
3. Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the July 28, 2014 minutes, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
4. Financial Summary – Operating Cash amounts to $176,134 with Reserves at $86,058. There was an adjustment in Late/Interest Charges resulting in a reduction to income of ($882.65) this month. Current Expenses exceed Income by ($4,730.51), Year-to-Date Income exceeds Expenses by $5,183.98. A detailed review of accounts in arrears was provided separately. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial reports, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
5. Manager’s Report – The Board reviewed several items from the Manager’s Report.
A. Gate repair – Periodic sporadic issues persist with gate remotes. Each lead is tracked and reported to the gate company for troubleshooting. The gate company has provided two proposals to address the situation.
B. Property Inspection – A property inspection of College Park was done with the ARC and violation letters were sent out.
Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the report, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Review of General Restrictions –Mr. Wright agreed to send management a copy of the document so it could be appended to the Handbook.
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. $200 and $500 charges from Clayton-McCulloh – The Board was provided the invoice detailing the costs.
B. TD Money Market Operating Account – The Board was given the background on this account. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to close the TD Money Market operating account and transfer the entire account balance into the Union Bank Money Market Operating Account. Mr. Caines seconded the motion, which passed with a unanimous voice vote.
C. Message Board signs – Mr. Caines offered to bring suggestions for additional signage for the front gate message board to the next meeting.
D. Architectural Committee – Mr. Case provided an update on recent applications, as well as the status of violations at certain houses.
- ARC app-Auletta-923 Princeton Drive-gutters-APPROVED
- ARC app-Paul-1006 Princeton-pavers-APPROVED
- ARC app-Quintero-958 Princeton-fence – PENDING
- ARC app-Rodriguez-975 Cornell-fence – PENDING
ARC meeting minutes for 8/6/2014 meeting was produced and approved.
E. Welcome Committee – none.
F. Irrigation Upgrades – The Board requested management get competitive bids for comparison to two bids already in hand from A Cut Above for relocating pop-up heads. Management is getting bids.
G. Parking Across Sidewalks – Management drafted documents for review by the Board: guidelines for Ramco, a newsletter announcement/letter for owners and residents, and a windshield notice. The Board will provide feedback on the documents.
H. Hardwood Trees – Management drafted a letter of voluntary compliance encouraging homeowners plant hardwood trees. The Board will provide feedback on the documents. The Board indicated they wanted to include this in a newsletter this fall.
I. Mr. Wright asked management to investigate and provide a copy of the code enforcement ruling against the homeowner by the front gate for running a detailing business out of their home.
J. 2015 Proposed Budget – Management was provided the 2015 proposed budget. Revisions will be discussed next month.
8. OPEN FORUM
9. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:02 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
John R. Morgan, CAM Approval Date ____________