COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
August 22, 2016
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Chris Caines, Steve Heller, Michael Wilson and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Caines called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the July 25, 2016 minutes as written. Mr. Wilson seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary –Operating Cash totals $179,506.38 with Reserves at $138,056.24. Income exceeded Expenses by $851.25. Year-to-Date Surplus is $18,669.20.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported:
- Acct 117 & 190 – Payment plans are up-to-date.
- Accts 5, 67, 98, 103, 165, 196, 226 – ITL letters were sent.
- Correspondence –
- 1011 Princeton-requested a payment plan of $151 a month for 5 months. No waiving of fees. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the request, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- 947 Drexel – requested fees and Intent to Lien be waived. Board agreed that they would give resident until the end of December to catch up, but no fees will be waived nor will the Intent to Lien be waived. Payment of $148 should be made monthly. If one payment is missed you will be in default of the agreement and a lien will be placed on your home. Mr. Kornegay made the motion, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- 936 Cornell – requested overnight parking in December. Board wanted to know how many cars would be parked overnight.
- Inspection- Mr. Case and I inspected the property on August 18th. Most violations were for trimming palm fronds. Fewer violation letters were sent this month.
- Yard of the Month – Board agreed that the Architectural Committee will choose the yard each month. Board members will not be eligible.
- Pressure Washing Park/Back Sidewalk – was completed and Board approved.
- Street sign at Princeton and Rollins will be ordered.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Rehabilitation Letter/Policy – will be discussed at next month’s meeting.
- Fence at the Bottom of the Canyon – repair has been scheduled.
- Bench at Playground – on order.
- Trash Can (Front Entrance) – on order.
- Yard of the Month – already discussed.
- Gate System – Mr. Caines presented a cost to get the current system back on its feet after the last lightning strike of $6,500. He did negotiate the price down to $2,500, but the Board agreed that the gate’s life expectancy was far past its estimated lifetime. Barcode vs. RFID was discussed. Barcodes having the tendency to fade in the sun and are not as dependable as the RFID (transponder). Barrier arms before gate entry were also discussed and agreed upon by the Board. However, ACT did not quote barrier arms and Alarm Protection did not quote for RFID. These quotes will be asked for as well as an approximate timeframe of completion on the project. Board agreed to a special meeting on September 6 at 7:00 to further discuss the gate system.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ARC/Welcome Updates – Mr. Case reported that three applications had been approved-1 to re-paint, 2-tree removals. Ms. Belcher will speak with ACA about the perimeter shrubs. There seems to be a lot of empty spaces and weeds coming through the bushes that are there.
- Insurance Renewal – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the insurance renewal/waiver, which was seconded by Ms. Auletta and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- OPEN FORUM
- Brown just wanted to remind the Board that she wanted to incorporate some Neighborhood Watch
components with the Party in the Park. Board thought it should take place in October. Once the new gate system is decided upon Mr. Caines will put all the information in a Newsletter – along with the introduction to the Yard of the Month – which will be sent to all residents.
- Caines will update the website.
- New homeowners at 955 Dartmouth and 963 Georgetown were in attendance.
- Next meeting will be September 6, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management to further discuss the gate system. Next regular Board meeting will be on September 26, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:21 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.