COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Steve Heller, Joan Auletta and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Heller called the meeting to order at 6:11 pm in the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Heller made a motion to approve the November 30, 2015 minutes as corrected by Mr. Kornegay. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – Expenses exceed Income in November by $8,176.40 due to sidewalk repairs, Banyon Canyon Clean up, benches and remotes. Operating Cash totals $160,709.42 with Reserves at $117,637.70. The $678.13 in late and interest fees collected added to income along with the $120 from remote sales.
- Manager’s Report –
- Acct 226 – Mr. Heller made a motion to send an ITL to this homeowner, which was seconded by Ms. Auletta and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Acct 184 – Mr. Heller made a motion to Lien this homeowner, which was seconded by Ms. Auletta and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Ms. Belcher suggested that an HFS representative, not a sales rep, attend the meeting to review accounts. Board agreed. Ms. Belcher will review all accounts and verify if HFS is paying assessment fees on the accounts they have.
- Inspection-Property Notebook had been included in the board package (pages of it!) Ms. Auletta made a motion to include only the actual inspection report in the package, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a majority voice vote. Mr. Kornegay opposed. Inspection will take place this week.
Mr. Caines joined the meeting during the Manager’s Report.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Playground Review – The Creative Playthings proposal, which was included the board package last meeting, was discussed. Kornegay made a motion to approve the proposal from Creative Playthings, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Board asked that the vendor be invited to the next meeting to discuss the proposed equipment.
- Legal Update – Reports were included in the package. Belcher will review charges – HFS vs. Attorney.
- Clean Up of Front and Back Entrances – Caines reported that he and A Cut Above had met to discuss a preliminary repair to the damage caused by the reclaimed water installation. Ms. Belcher will contact ACA and a couple other companies for a design plan for the front/back entrances. Bed size could be minimized. Also looking for ideas for the park entrances – around the columns and around the monument.
- Gazebo Roof – Belcher will get three bids.
- Front Entrance Sidewalk/Paver Cleaning – Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the proposal presented by Maddie & Daddie Pressure Washing for $595, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ACT Operation System and Camera Quotes – Ms. Belcher will contact vendors for gate/camera replacement (front/back) quotes. Access should be by remote, barcode and RFID. The hung gates will remain, but 6 operators should be replaced along the control box. Mr. Caines will be available to meet with vendors.
- HFS Status Updates – already discussed.
- New CAM Discussion – Ms. Belcher stated that there was some restructuring going on in the Clermont Office. There was a possibility that she will be the manager for College Park.
- Welcome Committee Update – Mr. Case reported that one new homeowner had been welcomed this past month. Several welcomes are pending until the homeowners move in.
- Architectural Update – Mr. Case reported the approval of one re-paint and one installation of a Florida room.
- OPEN FORUM
- Homeowners from 935 Dartmouth were at the meeting. They had just settled their arrearages with Clayton & McCulloh. They questioned their $624 payment in 2015. Where did it go? Belcher stated that she would investigate, but the canceled check to see who had cashed it would be helpful.
- Homeowners from 966 Princeton were present questioning the denial of their architectural application for a fence. Board agreed unanimously that by locating the fence 14 ft back from the sidewalk the application would be approved. Another application should be submitted.
- Member brought inappropriate signs to the Board’s attention. They will be removed. He also mentioned that trash cans were being left at the curb.
- Belcher will contact Fence It to fix the latch on the gate in the park.
- Belcher will add Members Welcome to the Board meeting sign.
- Belcher will check on a Board Certification class for Ms. Auletta.
- Next Board meeting will be January 25, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:43 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.