COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
JANUARY 26, 2015
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Steve Heller and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm in the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – While looking over the minutes Mr. Wright asked Mr. Case if he had checked out the sidewalk at 904 Cornell. The homeowner had painted his walkway orange. He was provided several options to correct the violation; however, he took a different approach and repainted the walkway a shade of grey almost matching the driveway. Mr. Wright wasn’t opposed to the fix. After all there were a couple of other walkways that were grandfathered in as acceptable. Mr. Heller made a motion to approve the correction and if this situation should arise again each case will be handled on an individual basis-depending on the shade of grey that had been chosen. Mr. Caines seconded the motion, which passed with a majority vote. Mr. Kornegay opposed. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the December 22, 2014 minutes as amended (7B. change Mr. Caines to Mr. Kornegay –seconding the motion). Mr.Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – Mr. Wright reported that the year ended on a positive note with Income exceeding Expenses by 10,691.01. Operating Cash totals $148,791.90 with Reserves at $95,717.64. The $626.26 in late and interest fees collected added to income along with the $160 from remote sales. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the financial, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported that:
- Accts 231 & 196 – Board agreed to send these accounts an ITL letter.
- One Closing – 2439 Rollins, which was not in arrears.
- Per the minutes from the last meeting Mr. Wright had mentioned a couple of expenses on the financial for a third remote. Only two remotes per household were to be exchanged. Mr. Wright will give Ms. Belcher specific information.
- Mr. Kornegay reported that the mailbox across the street from him needs a new mailbox and 944 Cornell needs a matching post.
Mr. Kornegay made a motion to accept the Manager’s Report, which was seconded by Mr. Caines. Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Vacant Director Position- Mr. Wright had contacted Mr. Wilson who had sent an email stating his desire to serve on the Board. He thought Mr. Wilson would have been in attendance.
- 936 Cornell – Homeowner has installed all pavers at front entrance with no landscape bed. Suggestions ranged from removing the pavers and putting the landscape bed back to its original size to picking up pavers so a tree can be planted. The Architectural Committee will get together and come up with some recommendations so a letter can be sent.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Non-Functioning Remotes – Mr. Caines reported that 75% of the returned remotes worked at the front gate, but were not consistent at the back gate.
- Bids to Clean Out Banyan Canyon – on hold.
- Bid from A Cut Above to Repair Washouts – on hold.
- Mulch Bid – Board asked Ms. Belcher to get a couple more bids for mulch. Only $1,000 had been budgeted for this project and ACA’s bid was over $1.300.
- Pump Control Box Replaced and Gate Greased- completed.
- Architectural Committee Update- Mr. Case reported that 3 applications were approved for gutters , 1 for a repaint and 1 extending their current fence. One resident had called about a weathervane, but no application had been submitted.
- Welcome Committee Update- Mr. Case had visited the Balasti’s at 1023 Princeton and the Mondello’s at 911 Princeton. They signed for receiving the guidelines. He is still trying to get in touch with the owners at 2430 Rollins.
- OPEN FORUM
- New Owners from 2405 Rollins wanted to make several changes, which would require an application. They also had several questions about trash cans andf yard waste. Mr. Caines gave them one of the returned remotes to try.
- Next Board meeting will be February 23, 2015 @ 7:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.
- Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.