COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
JANUARY 25, 2016
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Steve Heller, Joan Auletta and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Heller called the meeting to order at 6:11 pm in the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Ms. Auletta made a motion to approve the January 4, 2016 minutes as written. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – Income exceeds Expenses in December by $2,425.08. Operating Cash totals $179,040.81 with Reserves at $120,188.04. YTD Income of $161,150.48 exceeds Expenses by $5,985.48.
- Visit from HOA Financial Solutions (Kyle Schmidt)– Ms. Schmidt explained that each case that is turned over to HFS is handled on an individual basis. Each account on the HFS Status Report was reviewed. Payoff was received on Accts 5 and 135. Two accounts are on payment plans. Mr. Heller asked if that was just a delay tactic? Ms. Schmidt stated that in some cases it turns out that way, but if you make an offer of a plan, which is agreed to and then later is defaulted on, the Association’s position in handling the case is more favorable. Homeowners from 935 Princeton were on hand to speak with Ms. Schmidt after the meeting.
- Visit from Creative Playthings -Dave Young stated that he had met with Chris at the playground to discuss the replacement of equipment. Board agreed that the jungle gym should stay and possibly the play zone should be extended. Swings should be green with beige posts. The Zion model is preferred and woods chips should be installed. Mr. Young scheduled a meeting for Friday morning at 10:00 so he could get some measurements.
Mr. Caines joined the meeting.
Mr. Caines stated that A Cut Above was going to give a quote for the removal of the play equipment. Creative
Playthings will also include the removal in his revised estimate.
- Manager’s Report –
- Board Certification Certificates – Mr. Kornegay brought in his certificate, which hadn’t been recorded. Ms. Auletta just took the class and turned in her certificate. Just Mr. Caines’ certificate and all documents will be up to date.
- Inspection- Inspection sheet was included in the board package. Mr. Caines suggested that the inspection be conducted just before the meeting so the Board can decide which letters should be sent.
- Vendors are being scheduled with Mr. Caines to bid on enhancing the front beds as well as the playground area.
- Light bulbs were ordered, received and given to Mr. Heller.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Front Entrance Sidewalk/Paver Cleaning – Caines mentioned that the front entrance had been power washed, but globs of gum remain. Ms. Belcher will contact Maddie & Daddie.
- Landscaping Enhancement – Bids and designs are in the works.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Carriage Lights (8) – Board discussed the replacement of the current lights at the front and back entrance. Ms. Belcher will call and have some lighting companies take a look and give quotes for replacement.
- ARC Updates – Mr. Case stated that two applications had been approved for repaints. When on inspection several garage doors were noted as not white. 2455 & 2495 Rollins will be sent a letter to submit applications for the repaints. If they would have submitted an application they would have noticed that it says right on the application garage doors must remain white. Visiting homeowners was also discussed. Committee should not approach any homeowner. Questions from the Committee should go through the management company back to the resident.
- Newsletter – Mr. Caines will put together a newsletter, which will contain updates of 2016 projects and a reminder about the garage door color.
- Social Events – A grand opening to celebrate the installation of the new playground equipment was discussed.
- OPEN FORUM
- Caines reported the second drive across his lawn as someone took the curve too fast.
- Board agreed to move the time of the meeting back to 7:00 pm.
- 1022 Princeton has a dumpster in the driveway due to renovations after a fire.
- There are new renters at 1059 and 1107 Princeton.
- Next Board meeting will be February 22, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.
- Heller made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:48 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.