COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
January 30, 2017
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Chris Caines, Steve Heller, Michael Wilson, Joan Auletta and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Caines called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Auletta made a motion to approve the November 28, 2016 minutes as written. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary –Operating Cash totals $95,245.66 with Reserves at $150,863.99. Expenses exceeded Income by $8,427.49 due to the gate system replacement. Year-to-Date Deficit is $39,757.91..
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported:
- Accts 117, 5, 67 and 98 are up-to date. Total collected amounted to $5,489.14
- Accts 196 & 226- Liens will be filed.
- Inspection- Mr. Case and I inspected the property on January 24. Most violations were for palm fronds and a couple of trash cans.
- Sign Quote – Ms. Belcher will get another quote from Sign Crafters.
- Perimeter Hedges – tabled until April. Mr. Caines would like to meet with ACA to discuss the thinning of the hedges.
- Power Wash/Repair Columns/Caps- Mr. Caines stated that he had asked Jake for a quote. Ms. Belcher will follow up. Mr. Wilson made a motion to go with Maddie & Daddie’s proposal if it is lower than Jake’s. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Letter/Policy/Guidelines –
- Gate System Update –
- Committee – Mr. Caines stated that Mike Mondello, Mark Southam, Craig Voiles, Jay McGriff, Eyad Hainey, Shaun Cox and Jason Berry have volunteered to form a committee. Wilson made a motion to approve the committee, which was seconded by Ms. Auletta and carried with a unanimous voice vote. The committee will have the responsibility of the gate- the functionality and servicing. Issues will be brought to the attention of Ms. Belcher with recommendations from the committee. A chairperson will be selected at their first official meeting. Ms. Belcher will order a sign for the committee meetings.
- Security Guard for 7 days (6:00 am-10:00 pm) – Mr. Heller made a motion to approve the $15 an hour guard from GE Protection. Kornegay seconded the motion which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Ms. Belcher will tweak Mr. Caines rendering of a guard report. Trying to set up coverage within a week’s time.
- Night Monitoring – Mr. Caines & Ms. Belcher are trying to find an answering service that could be called at night if there are problems. By simply verifying personal information that is on file, residents whose transponders are not reading could be let in by the service by pressing 9. We don’t want to lock anyone out. Ms. Belcher will investigate if this service could be offered by Sentry Management.
- Entry/Exit Signs– Guest and Visitor Entry sign will not be needed. Resident Entry Only will be for the back gate and Resident Entry Keep Right will be for the front gate.
- Cameras – Mr. Caines, who is in this business, came up with a price of $3,780. Belcher will get two more quotes. Mr. Heller made a motion to go with Mr. Caines’ estimate unless either of the other two quotes are less expensive. Vote will then come back to the board. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Sign Inventory-in progress.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ARC Update – Mr. Case reported that there had been 4 applications approved for repainting, 2 for tree removal, 1 for fencing and 2 for solar systems. An application for rocks around the mailbox was denied.
- Carriage Lights – Ms. Nickelson, who has taken on this project, stated that she is trying to get a discount from Lamps Plus. She should have an update at the next meeting. LED bulbs will be installed at the back gate. Hopefully the LED bulbs that have just been put in will fit the new lights.
- FACEBOOK GROUP – Currently there are 50 members or so. Homeowner stated that this was a great way to build a great community-more communication is a necessity.
- OPEN FORUM
- Homeowners doing their part in keeping their yard up
- Thank you to Chris for all his hard work getting the gate system installed.
- Keeping track of tenants/leases.
- Police presence in neighborhood would help.
- Another cat is wondering around – hanging out at the burned house. Announcement will be made on Facebook and nextdoor.
- Next meeting will be February 27, 2017 at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.