COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 28, 2014
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Charles Kornegay, and Steve Heller in attendance. There is still one director vacancy. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Mr. called the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Sentry Management Offices.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the June 30, 2014 minutes with the condition that the call to order and adjournment times were revised to 6:00pm and 7:05pm, respectively. This was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary –Operating Cash amounts to $163,286 with Reserves at $84,124. Late/Interest Charges – EARNED amounting to $614.04 helped Income out this month. Current Income exceeds Expenses by $676.68. Year-to-Date Income exceeds Expenses by $9,914.50. A detailed review of accounts in arrears was provided separately. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial reports, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – The Board reviewed several items from the Manager’s Report.
- Gate repair – The rear gate was reported not responding to remotes on 7/9; All Secure repaired rear gate on 7/10. Sporadic problems with some residents’ gate remotes persisted. All Secure was dispatched again to troubleshoot. Eventually a meeting was held of residents with the gate remote technician, which was successful in addressing the issues. The issues with gate remotes seem to have subsided.
- Property Inspection – A property inspection of College Park was done with the ARC and violation letters were sent out.
- Well Repair – A Cut Above reported that a problem with the wells, and a technician was called in to make the repairs to the well on Oakley-Seaver.
Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the report, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Review of General Restrictions – The Board discussed the document drafted and revised by Mr. Wright pertaining to approved uses of Pavers on Front Walkway & Entrance Ways. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the document and append it to the Handbook for Homeowners. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which passed with a unanimous voice vote. Mr. Wright agreed to send management a copy of the document so it could be appended to the Handbook.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Jorge Leyro, City of Clermont Water Conservation Officer – Mr. Leyro made a brief presentation to the Board about the new water conservation regulations becoming effective in 2016. Every water user will be given a water budget, and there may be a requirement for houses to have a second water meter installed for reclaimed water for irrigation to facilitate measurement. Mr. Leyro will keep the Board and management apprised of issues as the compliance date gets nearer.
- Bailey – 944 Cornell – Members of the Board and Architectural Review Committee previously met with the Baileys to discuss the non-approved pavers in their entranceway. Mr. Wright reported that the Board was still deliberating the issue and it would be deferred until a later date.
- Architectural Committee – Mr. Case provided an update on recent applications, as well as the status of violations at certain houses.
- ARC app-Etienne-895 Princeton-paint touch up and brick pavers-APPROVED
- ARC app-Etienne-895 Princeton-repaint exterior – APPROVED
- ARC app-Quintero-958 Princeton-fence – PENDING
- ARC app-Rodriguez-975 Cornell-fence – PENDING
- ARC meeting minutes for 6/25 and 7/21/14 meetings were produced and approved.
- Welcome Committee – none.
- Irrigation Upgrades – The Board requested management get competitive bids for comparison to two bids already in hand from A Cut Above for relocating pop-up heads.
- Parking Across Sidewalks – Management drafted documents for review by the Board: guidelines for Ramco, a newsletter announcement/letter for owners and residents, and a windshield notice. The Board will provide feedback on the documents.
- Hardwood Trees – Management drafted a letter of voluntary compliance encouraging homeowners plant hardwood trees. The Board will provide feedback on the documents.
- Mr. Wright wanted clarification of the $200 and $500 charges from Clayton-McCulloh.
- Mr. Heller asked about the TD money market account: Is there a reason for the separate account? Is it earning a good rate of return?
- The Board asked management to ensure that the landscaper would periodically put insecticide around the base of the keypad at the front gate.
- Mr. Wright asked management to investigate and provide a copy of the code enforcement ruling against the homeowner by the front gate for running a detailing business out of their home.
- Meeting notice signs – the Board asked management to add “Members Welcome” to the meeting notice signs. In addition, Mr. Caines offered to bring suggestions for additional signage for the front gate message board to the next meeting.
- Mr. Kornegay reported that the basketball goal at 1066 Princeton does not have the required 12 foot setback from the sidewalk. In order to remain consistent, he suggested that a violation letter be sent.
- OPEN FORUM
- Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:10 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
John R. Morgan, CAM Approval Date ____________________