COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
July 27, 2015
Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Chris Caines, Michael Wilson, Steve Heller and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Joan Auletta was not present. Jorge Garcia represented Sentry Management. Mr. Caines called the meeting to order at 7:06 pm in the Offices of Sentry Management.
Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the June 29th, 2015 minutes. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Board was satisfied with the board package.
Financial Summary – Operating Cash amounts to $177,784.24 with Reserves at $110.865.69. Current Period Income of $13,402.04 exceeds Expenses by $1,017.82 YTD Income of $81,333.21 exceeds Expenses by $11,325.88. Motion to approve financial report. The first motion was given by Mr. Kornegay and second by Mr. Heller. All in favor in unanimous vote.
The board went over the HFS and Clayton & McCulloh reports. The board wants a lien placed on accounts 168 and 184. Mr. Caines requested a motion to place a lien on the said accounts. The first motion was given by Mr. Kornegay and second by Mr. Heller. All in favor in unanimous vote.
The board wants HOA financial contacted to follow up on 782 Princeton Dr. The property has been deeded back to the association. 919 Princeton Dr. The board wants to know if the funds are in. 794 Princeton. Need to know the outcome of the sale of the property. The board wants to know how HOA financial are paying attorney fees.
- GATE OPERATIONS – Main entrance gate malfunctioned. A motor capacitor was replaced. Gate was fully operational on 7/22/2015.
- CONSTRUCTION IN FRONT OF GATE- Pictures were taken this month on damage done construction being conducted in front of the College Park gates.
- INSPECTION – Inspections will completed on 07/29/2015. Copies of hand written inspection reports will be given to the board on the day of the meeting. The board agreed to receive a copy of the inspection report at the August meeting.
- INSURANCE –Presented on Manager’s report.
- CLAYTON & McCulloh- A representative from Clayton & McCulloh has agreed to attend the August board meeting as requested by the board.
- BID FOR WATER PUMP FENCE – Presented on Manager’s report.
- YARD SALE- Homeowner wanted to know about the next yard sale.
- PILLAR REPAIR FRONT GATE- I requested another bid from a masonry company. I bid will conducted Tuesday 7/28/15.
- NEW MEMBERS ADDED- The board observed the new list which describes the new and current board members and positions.
- Bids to clean out Banyan Canyon.-The board wants Jose Max to clean out the debris in the canyon. The board wants a quote from Jose Max before work could begin.
- Welcome Committee update. – There is nothing new at this time.
- Insurance Waiver-The board agreed to waive the property & casualty insurance for 2015
- Mr. Caines signed the insurance waiver
- Gate Repair- As advised on the manager’s report the gate was repaired on 7-22, but the board had also found out that the entrance gate at the rear exit of the community is malfunctioned. The board was advised that Mr. Garcia from Sentry, that he will call American all secure gates to repair the gate. The board is also considering on replacing the gates next year. The board agreed that it will be discussed at the September board meeting, after the construction on Hancock is expected to be completed.
- Construction at front gate- The board wants to wait and see what the outcome to the landscape after the construction is completed on Hancock. The board agrees that some of tree and bushes have some damage, but will wait and observe what the contracted companies that are working on the construction will do on replacing any damage caused by the construction.
- Fence for Water Pumps- A motion was made to have Fence It construct the fences for the irrigation pump stations. Before the pump near the front gate is constructed, the board wants Jose Max to tear out the bushes facing the home only, to leave the bushes facing the wall and fence alone. After, the board wants fence it to install chain link fencing for the pump as agreed by the quote. The board wants to know there will be less footage used to fence the pump since the part of the bushes will be removed, but in the board does not want it to exceed the price quoted. The board agreed to fence the pump at the walkway near Princeton with PVC fencing. Motion to approve installation of fencing at the pump stations by the front gate and the walkway near Princeton. The first motion was given by Mr. Wilson and second by Mr. Heller. All in favor in unanimous vote.
- Realtor Notification- The board agreed to want Sentry to take information of any new realtors that are selling homes at the community and contact them and send them a community package which includes, Deed restrictions, Guidelines, Application and Handbook. Motion to approve. The first motion was given by Mr. Kornegay and second by Mr. Heller. All in favor in unanimous vote.
- Summer Update Newsletter- The board discussed what future events could be placed for the letter.
- Playground/Park- The board discussed consideration on updating the park. The board decided to wait to discuss the decision on the park after the construction on Hancock is completed and after a decision on installing a new main and rear gate.
- Welcome committee update- Mr. Case explained the ARC approval and denials.
- ARC Inspection Update- The community inspection was completed on 7-27. The board agreed that they will get a copy of the inspections completed at the next board meeting.
- 936 Cornell- The board agreed that if nothing has been done by the owner to replace the pavers in front of his home by next month, the board may decide pursue legal action.
- No new comments
- Next Board meeting will be on August 31st, 2015 @ 6:00 pm at the Sentry Management office, 1645 E HWY 50 Clermont Suite 201.
- Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.