COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
June 24, 2013
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Tim Trieschmann and Steve Heller in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the meeting to order at 6:08 pm in Rm 108B of the Cooper Memorial Library. A quorum was not established for the annual meeting.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Organization – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion that the positions of President, Vice President and Treasurer for the expiring terms remain the same with Mr. Wright as President, Mr. Caines as Vice President and Mr. Heller as Treasurer. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the May21, 2013 minutes with the correction to the spelling of Mr. Minana’s name. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – Mr. Wright stated that there were still several accounts outstanding, but with the help of a collection agency the association is aggressively pursuing the collection of these accounts. With the aging of the community attention has to be given to road replacement in 4-5 years, while trying to maintain the fees at $624 a year. Operating Cash totals $117,962.65. Income exceeded Expenses in May by $4,938.09. Reserves total $65,623.69. Year-To-Date Income exceeded Expenses by $14,451.57. Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to accept the financial report, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Mr. Spooner mentioned that Ernest had checked out the front lights and thinks that it is only a sensor with the worst case scenario being a failed breaker. Mr. Caines made a motion to have Ernest repair the front lights, but not to exceed $50. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Mr. Caines mentioned that several street lights were out or coming on at the wrong time in the community. Ms. Belcher will call Duke Energy.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported that:
- Acct 21 – Mr. Caines made a motion to request a Lien on this property, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Accts 109, 117 & 211 – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to send these accounts to HFS, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Acct 84 – Homeowner did not sign an agreement to pay, but the account is now at a zero balance.
- Mr. Wright stated that several years ago dues had been separated into two payments instead of paying in one lump sum.
- Joe Stayonoff will now be the attorney for College Park.
- Inspection – While conducting the monthly inspection Mr. Spooner and Ms. Belcher noted seven garage doors that were not painted white. Ms. Belcher will send letters. It was also noted that several homes had some kind of décor ranging from stones to metal wall hangings on their homes. Should there be a guideline for this?
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Review of General Restrictions – Mr. Wright stated that in trying to comply with the statutes some guidelines must be modified. The committee will be looking at the issue of pavers on sidewalks
- Removal of Dead Trees in Banyon Canyon – Trees have been cut, but some debris remains. Mr. Trieschmann will contact A Cut Above.
- Clean/Paint Front Gates/Fences – has been scheduled for July 2.
- Raise Canopy of Trees – The question was raised by South Lake Tree Service if the trimming was supposed to be done all around the bottom of the tree or just on the side facing out? South Lake Irrigation, another company that gave a quote on the tree trimming, stated that his bid was for one side of the tree – not going on homeowner’s property. Mr. Caines will count the trees that need attention.
- Re-Attach Fence to Posts in Banyon Canyon – completed this week.
- Website – Mr. Minana, who was in attendance, will have the one website deleted.
- Email Keeper of the Gates – Advance Tech had quoted $4,500 for a full maintenance contract, which covers parts, labor, travel time and the programming of the remotes. Board agreed they did not want to accept this kind of contract. Ms. Belcher reminded the Board that Advance was still in the process of getting insurance so their invoices had not been paid. Mr. Wright made a motion to sign a waiver of insurance (for this one time) so the indebtedness could be satisfied and then not do business with them again. Mr. Heller seconded the motion which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Ms. Belcher will see to the paperwork.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Back Gate Repair – Mr. Caines made a motion to ratify the email vote to fix the back gate, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- $40 for Remotes – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to ratify the email vote to charge $40 for remotes, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Grease gates/Attach Gates to Columns – tabled.
- Irrigation Upgrades – on HOLD.
- Safety Signs – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to have the Safety First Signs re-done for $35 each, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a majority vote. Mr. Caines obstained.
- Architectural – Mr. Spooner stated that overall the community is improving. Homeowners are replacing lawns and repainting houses. There are still several on-going issues where homeowners did not submit architectural applications, such as: the half built shed that had no permit issued, installation of pavers and décor on columns, painting of garage doors a color different than white. Vehicles continue to park on the street overnight. Mr. Spooner asked the Board to accept his resignation as chairperson of the Architectural Committee. He will remain on the committee, but not serve as the chairperson. Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to accept the resignation and appoint Mr. Case (with his approval) as chairperson. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. A fines committee was discussed with Mr. Aupont and Mr. Spooner volunteering to serve.
- OPEN FORUM
- One member mentioned the stickers on the STOP sign at the front entrance. Ms. Belcher will call the city.
- More graffiti had been spotted in the gazebo.
- The car detailing business has started up again at the house by the main entrance.
- Mr. Niemi, a homeowner in College Park and in attendance, stated that he was running for City Council and would like the support of the community.
- Mr. Goodger mentioned slowing down traffic with more STOP signs or speed bumps.
- The date of the next Board meeting will be July 22, 2013 @ 7:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.
- Mr. Trieschmannmade a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:12 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
Marlene Belcher, LCAM Approval Date ___________________