COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 30, 2014
1. Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Charles Kornegay, and Steve Heller in attendance. Tim Trieschmann was absent, and previously provided his resignation from the Board. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright welcomed the homeowners and explained that there was not a quorum for the Annual Meeting. Therefore, Mr. Wright made a motion to call the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm in the Cooper Memorial Library; Mr. Kornegay seconded.
2. Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
3. Election of Officers –
a. Mr. Wright publicly recognized Mr. Trieschmann’s service to the Board and the College Park community. Mr. Caines made a motion to accept Mr. Trieschmann’s resignation from the Board of Directors effective 6/30/2014, and Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
b. Mr. Caines made a motion to appoint Mr. Kornegay to the Board of Directors for a 2 year term, serving as Secretary, which was seconded by Mr. Wright. The motion was approved by a unanimous voice vote.
c. Mr. Wright indicated that there was one more position vacant on the Board of Directors, and asked the owners in attendance if anyone would volunteer to serve on the Board. There were no responses, so Mr. Wright made a motion to table the appointment of another director to the vacancy until the next Board meeting, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and passed with a unanimous voice vote.
4. Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the May 28, 2014 minutes as written, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
5. Financial Summary –Operating Cash totals $146,363. Income exceeded Expenses in May by $2,721.30. The $755.65 in late and interest fees collected added to income. A review of the Accounts Receivable Report was deferred until the next Board meeting. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial reports, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
5. Manager’s Report – The Board reviewed several items from the Manager’s Report.
A. Front gate – The rear gate has been repaired by All Secure, but the transmitter is awaiting parts.
B. The stop stripes have been installed by PermaStripe at the intersections with new stop signs.
C. Mr. Morgan is drafting documents to provide to the security firm.
D. Tree trimming of the trees on Hancock has largely been completed, although there are a few remaining trees to be cut on the top of Hancock.
Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the report, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Review of General Restrictions – Mr. Wright has revised the draft document and circulated it to the Board members for comment. He asked them to complete their reviews and provide comments back so the Board may approve it at the next meeting.
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. Parking Across Sidewalks – Ramco was previously selected as the vendor. Guidelines for the scope of what Ramco would do (detailing how and when patrols would be done) and the flier are being drafted for Board review.
B. Hardwood Trees – The Board has decided to send a letter for voluntary compliance to selected homeowners identified as having less than 3 hardwood trees, and encourage them to plant trees, particularly in the front, in compliance with Clermont’s requirements.
C. Architectural Committee – Mr. Case provided an update on recent applications, as well as the status of violations at certain houses.
D. Welcome Committee – none.
E. Irrigation Upgrades – on hold.
8. OPEN FORUM
A. Bailey – 944 Cornell – Mr. and Mrs. Bailey appealed to the Board to reconsider its ruling on the violation and directive that the tiles in their entry area be removed. Mrs. Bailey stated that the tiles were already installed by the previous owner when they bought the house. Mr. Wright thanked them and indicated the Board would deliberate further and respond to them at a later date.
B. Motilall – 936 Cornell – Mr. Motilall made an appeal regarding a violation letter regarding pavers installed next to his driveway. Mr. Wright thanked them and indicated the Board would deliberate further and respond to them at a later date.
9. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
John R. Morgan, CAM Approval Date ____________________