COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
JUNE 29, 2015
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Michael Wilson, Steve Heller and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Jorge Garcia represented Sentry Management. Wright called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm in the coopers Memorial Library.
- After no quorum was established to have an election, Mr.Wright had asked the members in the meeting, if there’s anyone who wishes to be a board member at this time. Mrs. Joan Auletta raised her hand. Mr. Caines made a motion to allow Mrs. Auletta as a member of the board, Mr. Heller seconded the motion. All in favor.
- Wright announced at this time, with deep regret he is submitting his resignation as president and board member of the College Park Homeowners Association effective to June 29th 2015.
- Notice was posted by mail according to Florida Statutes at least 15 days prior to the meeting. Mr. Caines had asked why there was no sign posted. Mr. Garcia from Sentry had explained, since everyone was notified by mail that there was no need to post a sign. Mr. Caines said that he wants signs posted for all Annual/Organizational and Board meetings.
- Election of Officers- To appoint Christopher Caines as President of College Park of Clermont HOA. Mr. Kornegay made the motion and Mrs. Auletta second the motion. All in favor
To appoint Mr. Steve Heller as Vice President. Mr. Wilson made the motion and Auletta second the motion. All in favor
To appoint Mrs. Joan Auletta as treasurer. Mr. Heller made the motion and Mr. Caines second the motion. All in favor.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Wilson had said that his name was not listed on the May 27th Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the May 27th, 2015 minutes, but to add Mr. Wilson’s name on the attendance agenda. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Board was satisfied with the board package. Satisfied with HFS and Clayton & McCulloh reports.
- Financial Summary – Income exceeding Expenses by $619.48. Operating Cash totals $180,507.75 with Reserves at $108,320.53. The $903.30. YTD income of $67,930.31 exceeds expenses by $10,308.06 Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report –
- Before the property waiver can be signed the board is not requesting the last signed waiver, they are requesting the copy of the last property insurance policy. As per the board, the last year of existence on the policy was 2011
- The maintenance bid for Banyan Canyon was dismissed by the board. The board felt that the bid given was not what they asked for. As per the board they do not want a yearly maintenance proposals, plus the second proposal to cut down the tree was confusing.
- Have one quote from a company called Fence It Inc. Board wants to know how much is being charged per square footage and they need a quote on how much will it be to fence the remaining pump station that needs fencing.
- Ramco Security performed their last patrol on May 22nd, then after they were supposed to do another patrol in June, but it was not done. The board decided because the same vehicles were being posted month after month and it’s very few in comparison to the previous months, there’s no reason to continue the patrols. Motion to discontinue Ramco for security patrols was made by Mr. Heller and second by Mr. Kornegay.
- All The ARC”s for the month of June were given to Steve Case from the architectural committee.
- Copies of the list of violations for month of June were placed as part of the board package.
- OLD BUSINESS
- 936 Cornell –Option #3 suggested by the committee – An ARC was submitted by the homeowner for approval to replace pavers with small trees and plants.
- Park Benches– The motion was made to purchase the park benches from The Bench Factory.com. It will be three 8ft benches and two 4ft benches. The board wants a quote from Jacob, from Sentry and Jose Max on how much will it cost to install the benches. The first motion was made by Mr. Kornegay and the second by Mr. Heller.
- NEW BUSINESS
- The board wants Clayton & McCulloh to come to the August board meeting to discuss the accounts.
- Board wants the gate company to be called to have the gate entrance checked. The gate is squeaking and they want it checked before it breaks down.
- The board has requested to replace a stone that’s missing on a pillar that’s on the left side of the gate entrance.
- OPEN FORUM
- Auletta suggested that we begin next year’s annual meeting at 7:00pm instead of 6:00pm. Board explained because of the size of the quorum the annual meeting needs to be held in a large space and because of the time the library will close, is why the annual meetings are held at 6:00pm.
- Mike Mondello wanted to know if a realtor wanted to have an open house, how is it possible to keep a gate open. The board would invite ideas to keep the gate open and consider safety in the same time.
- Amy Fox suggested in order to enforce security better especially at the front gate, she could give us the name of a security rep. who could give us his suggestions to better security in the community.
- Next Board meeting will be July 27th, 2015 @ 7:00 pm at the Sentry office.
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:00 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.