COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
June 27, 2016
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Chris Caines, Steve Heller, Michael Wilson and Joan Auletta in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Caines called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm at the Cooper Memorial Library. With no quorum at the Annual Meeting the two expiring terms (Michael Wilson & Chuck Kornegay) roll over. Board agreed that all officers remain the same. Mr. Caines asked the forum if anyone would be interested in a board position if the need arose. Miriam Stewart and Charles Wright were interested in volunteering.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting and a notice was mailed to each homeowner of record.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Wilson made a motion to approve the May 23, 2016 minutes as written. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary –Operating Cash totals $161,526.82 with Reserves at $132,943.49. Income exceeded Expenses by $3,399.67. Year-to-Date Surplus is $1,185.93.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported:
- Acct 117 & 190 – Payment plans are up-to-date.
- Acct 164 – Balance is $519.49. Homeowner sent in another payment of $200 on 6/2.
- Accts 79, 203 & 205 – Received $17,505.93 from the three accounts.
- Duke Energy – Ms. Belcher will check with the county for the cad.
- Inspection- Mr. Case and I inspected the property on June 21. Most violations were for trimming palm fronds, mowing the lawn and bare spots in the lawn. Numerous mailboxes needed new numbers or straightening.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Playground Upgrades – Caines reported that this project was completed. He had seen 10-15 kids using the park. The new equipment is popular. Putting a bench inside the mulched area of the new equipment was discussed. Mr. Heller made a motion to get a 6 ft bench that matched the others in the park and have ACA install it. Mr. Wilson seconded the motion, which carried with a majority voice vote. Ms. Auletta opposed. Ms. Belcher will contact ACA to install sod on the west side of the play area. Shouldn’t run more than $800.
- Gazebo Roof –Project has been completed.
- Gate Access Upgrades – on hold until next meeting.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ARC Updates – Mr. Case reported that application approval had slowed down. Two apps were submitted. One for a repaint and the other for tree removal.
- Violations- Attorney Recommendations – Mr. Caines reported that he had spoken with the attorney about how to go about addressing violations. Attorney recommended that he draft a notice to be sent to all homeowners stating what exactly will be enforced and explain how aggressively enforcement will get. Ms. Belcher reminded the Board about a Rules Enforcement Program that had been adopted back in 2008. This program requires three letters be sent asking for compliance. If the violation still has not been corrected after the third letter, by majority vote of the Board of Directors, the file should be forwarded to the Association’s attorney. Mr. Wilson made a motion to contact the Attorney and ask that he draft a notice to be approved by the Board of Directors. Mr. Heller seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. Inspection letters will be held until this letter can be sent.
- Pressure Wash Sidewalks/Columns and Curbing – Mr. Caines stated that sidewalks and curbing had been power washed a while ago and in a matter of a month, they were black again. Ms. Belcher will contact Glen McFarland and ask that he re-bid leaving off the sidewalks and curbing.
- OPEN FORUM
- Belcher asked the Board if they would be interested in establishing a Yard of the Month program. Ms. Auletta made a motion that this be established giving a $25 gift card for the honor. Mr. Wilson seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. While on inspection Mr. Case and Ms. Belcher will make a decision of what property will get the award.
- Stewart mentioned that the light on the key pad at the front gate was out. Mr. Caines stated that bids were being requested to replace the entire system.
- The excessive cars being parked on the street as you come into the community was discussed. Code Enforcement had come out and observed the situation and took pictures. Ms. Belcher will contact code enforcement to see if any progress had been made. It was suggested that multiple residents call and complain about the issue-call and call again. Hiring a security guard was discussed, but probably would not be worth the money.
- One homeowner wondered why a white truck was driving behind homes located on Cornell. He was assured that this was okay.
- One homeowner commended the Board for the great improvement at the park. He also mentioned that some stones were missing from the front entrance columns. Mr. Caines stated that they had been that way for awhile.
- Next Board meeting will be July 25, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.
- Wilson made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:02 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.