COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
MARCH 28, 2012
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Steve Heller, Tim Trieschman, Charles Kornegay and Chris Caines in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the meeting to order at 6:33 pm in the offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Jacksonville Sound & Communications – Eamonn Gilmartin, Service Manager, presented the products that he would recommend. The Barcode Reader, the Smart Pass Reader, the Encompass Reader and the License Plate Reader were discussed as to reliability, best performance and cost effectiveness. Mr. Gilmartin will put together some estimates.
- A Cut Above – Jose explained the deviances he was ran into on the north side of Hancock. Mr. Wright told him to proceed. The email vote approving $407.95 for irrigation repairs, that was to be ratified under 9A, actually came to-$1,111.40 (the concrete donuts included). Mr. Treischmann made a motion to approve the adjusted cost, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Adding sod to Banyon Canyon was discussed, but due to the lack of irrigation would be a futile effort. Jose will investigate the number of heads at the corner of Hancock and Oakley Seaver to see if it is adequate.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the February 29, 2012 minutes and as written, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Ms. Belcher will email the approved minutes to Mr. Heller.
- Financial Summary – Total Income exceeded Expenses in February by $2,001.14. Reserves total $56,732.04. Year-To-Date Income of $25,359.45 exceeded Total Expenses by $5,107.38. The Accounts Receivable Report was reviewed. Board agreed that an ITL will be sent when one year’s worth of assessment fees ($624) are in arrears and 45 days after that would come the lien. Mr. Treischmann made a motion to accept the financial report, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported that:
- A decision had to be made if College Park is staying with Clayton & McCulloh. Board agreed to stay with Clayton & McCulloh, but don’t want ITLs, Liens, etc. to be automatic. Board will make the decision.
- Several accounts needed attention. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to answer the mortgage foreclosure on Accts. 21 & Acct 101 and send a Demand letter to Acct. 67, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Liens will be placed on Accts 109, 200 and 205. Ms. Belcher is checking with the attorney on Acct 41 about their payment agreement and to see if there could be interim Disbursements made from Accts 5, 79 and 233.
- The Rear Free Exit Move was completed by AGAS.
- Clean Up Notice was sent and an inspection will be conducted before the meeting. A red van with no license plate was spotted on Princeton and trees are being cut down. Do they have a permit?The addresses will be provided to Ms. Belcher.
- Both Officer Colon and Planning & Zoning of Clermont had no objection to changing the speed limit signs. Mr. Treischmann, Mr. Caines, Mr. Heller and Mr. Wright approved the sign change to 20 mph. Mr. Kornegay opposed. Motion carried with a majority voice vote. Mr. Caines will get a quote to change the signs.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
A./B./C.Concrete Pads Around Two Manhole Covers/Pump Water & Clean Storm Drain at the bottom of Banyan Canyon/Storm Drain Outlet – Even though some good suggestions had been provided by Ken Lewis of SJRWMD, Mr. Caines thought that an engineer should be called in to evaluate both Banyon Canyon and the end of Princeton retention areas. Board agreed. Ms. Belcher will contact the city engineer. Mr. Wright suggested using grates instead of the solid covers.
- Speed Signs – already discussed during the Manager’s Report.
- Cracked Curb/Apron – Estimate had been received for $592.09. Ms. Belcher will contact the homeowner at 839 Princeton and ask if they would be interested in spending $315.78 to get their apron fixed.
- Projects List – had been updated and Board members volunteered their time on specific projects. An updated list will be distributed.
- Move Free Exit – completed.
- Changed of Attorney – already discussed during the Manager’s Report.
- NEW BUSINESS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- The date of the next Board meeting is to be April 25, 2012 @ 6:30 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:08pm, which was seconded by Mr. Trieschmann and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Ratify Email Vote – completed during A Cut Above’s visit. Cost of the project had changed.
- Renter List Updates – Ms. Belcher will update the list. There were two that had renters which could potentially be turned over to the Receiver.
- Architectural – 1022 Princeton is quite the orange color. Mr. Spooner apologized for approving the color not realizing how it would look on the house. Mr. Wright thought it may behoove the association to re-paint the house. Ms. Belcher will get prices before approaching the homeowner.
Marlene Belcher, LCAM Approval Date __________________