COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
March 28, 2016
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Steve Heller, Michael Wilson, Joan Auletta and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Heller called the meeting to order at 7:13 pm in the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Visit from Officer Colon – Officer Colon reported that there had been two burglaries (not home invasions, because no one was home at the time of the intrusion) in College Park the beginning of March. Most burglaries occur between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:00 pm. He mentioned things that could be done about civil infractions. 1) if residents agree and with an opinion from the association attorney, a committee could go to a city council meeting, state their case why enforcement is needed and then an agreement could be signed, or 2) install speed measures (bumps/tables)-possible liability to association, or 3) Either test or email Officer Colon stating common times of the problems, then he can pin point the time to be patrolling the neighborhood-he prefers #3 over #1 and #2.
Ms. Brown, chairperson of the Neighborhood Watch Committee, stated that she had sent emails notifying residents about the burglaries. One homeowner recommended nextdoor.com to get more people involved in neighborhood happenings.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Wilson made a motion to approve the February 29, 2016 minutes as written. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – Income exceeds Expenses in February by $136.72. Operating Cash totals $208,294.13 with Reserves at $125,287.41. Year-to-Date Surplus is at $2,150.86.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported:
- SECO lease agreement had been satisfied in 2014. Monthly rental and maintenance charges do not change with the fulfillment of the contract. Ms. Belcher will contact Lighting Solutions for recommendations for light modifications.
- Board recalled talking about replacing all street signs in College Park last year. Seems that they are not all the same basic design. Ms. Belcher will investigate.
- Garage Door Letter- Mr. Heller made a motion to approve the letter without sending it to the attorney. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote. If violators contact Ms. Belcher, she can explain that years ago a homeowner was taken to court over a non-white garage door. The Association won its case. A precedent was set.
- Mr. Case, Mr. Kornegay and I inspected the property on March 24th. Most violations were for palm fronds and weed/pest control for lawns.
- Carriage Lights – Architectural Committee will look into the different kinds of lights.
- Ms. Belcher will pursue liens on the properties that were sent ITLs after the 45 day waiting period.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Playground Upgrades – Belcher recounted her battle trying to get paperwork in order so Creative Playthings can provide the equipment and Willian Medley Construction can install the equipment. The construction company does have workers compensation insurance.
- Gazebo Roof – Kornegay made a motion to approve the bid submitted by Clermont Roofing for $4,680 as long as they have the proper insurance, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote. The roof should be green like the new park benches.
- Landscaping Enhancements –
- Gate Access Upgrades –
- Newsletter –
- NEW BUSINESS
- ARC Updates – Mr. Case stated that eleven applications had been approved. He had given Ms. Belcher a list of building permits that should have been turned in. Ms. Belcher will check the records and get back to Mr. Case.
- OPEN FORUM
- Heller reported that the gazebo light was out again and with approval he will replace the light. Ms. Auletta made a motion to reimburse Mr. Heller for the light, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Heller and Mr. Kornegay had reset the breaker on the gate several times during passing storms. Ms. Auletta asked to learn how to do this too.
- Brown stated that College Park residents were blessed to live in a community without problems!
- Next Board meeting will be April 25, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the offices of Sentry Management.
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:51 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.