Board Minutes March 2017 BOD

COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT

HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

BOARD MEETING

MINUTES

     March 27, 2017

 

  1. Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Chris Caines, Steve Heller, Michael Wilson and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Caines called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.

 

  1. Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the February 27, 2017 minutes as written. Mr. Wilson seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.

 

  1. Financial Summary –Operating Cash totals $136,496.94 with Reserves at $156,053.88. $332.28 of late fees added to Operating Cash. Expenses exceeded Income by $2,010.94. Ms. Belcher did notice one inconsistency-legal fees were paid twice to Clayton & McCulloh for a Cost Deposit. C&M will be sending a check back for the $500.00.

 

  1. Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported:
  • Inspection- Mr. Case and I inspected the property on March 21. Most violations were for palm fronds and a few mailboxes in need of repair. Some of these violations will be on their third letter (if not remedied) by the end of April. With the new policy in place there may be several violations being turned over to the attorney.
  • Click-to-Enter System should be installed next week. The Fire Department has been notified.
  • Camera vendor search is still in progress.
  • The power washing and cap repair will happen in the next couple of weeks.
  • Sod will be installed at the playground in April.
  • Letters will be sent to Accounts 164 & 226 giving them one last chance to bring their account up-to-date.

Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.

 

  1. OLD BUSINESS
  2. Gate System Update
  • Caines explained that the Fire Department had changed their requirements for entry into the community midway through this installation. Unfortunately the gate company nor the Association was aware of this. Alarm Protection has offered to pay half of the Click-to-Enter system-roughly $800. Mr. Caines was concerned about just closing the gates without notification to residents so he will inform the community on FACEBOOK that Gate Closing is coming. He also suggested that an audit of the system be done by another company.
  • Mondello thought that an additional sign at the back entrance was needed. He will contact Graphics Direct.
  • Belcher will contact the gate vendor to program the back gate to work as the front exit gate – the arm goes up and then the gate opens.

 

 

 

 

  1. Street Signs – STOP, NO OUTLET and the KIDS sign at the front entrance have been ordered. Street signs will be green with a white outline-all white caps (reflective) with new hardware, replacing broken/bent poles and replacing the entire sign assembly at Princeton and Rollins (Oakley Seaver side.
  2. Carriage Lights – Wilson made a motion to approve the estimate presented by Lamps Plus, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Mr. Caines asked if Sentry Maintenance could install the lights. Ms. Belcher will ask.

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS
  2. ARC Update – Case reported that eight applications had been submitted – three re-paints, three fences and two landscape changes in which one was an after the fact denial. The others were approved.
  • 1026 Princeton – Belcher will contact the owner and ask about the garage door and the entry door (both will need an application. Also will find out when the dumpster will be removed or at least emptied.
  • 1098 Princeton – Application was denied. Homeowner was at the meeting asking what his alternatives are. He admitted that he knew he needed to submit an application, but proceeded with the project anyway. Mr. Caines explained that the homeowner has taken his opportunity to come before the Board. The landscaping change was significant, but the Board was willing to come to a compromise. Mr. Heller suggested removing the rocks on either side of the driveway. Homeowner stated that he respects the Board coming up with a plan. Mr. Caines will meet with the Architectural Committee to come to a decision for the next board meeting-next month.
  • Yard of the Month – 2545 Rollins was the February winner.

 

  1. OPEN FORUM

Topics discussed:

  • Hedge row and tree behind Mr. Case’s house. Ms. Belcher will contact ACA.
  • Fox asked if the speed bumps at the back gate are needed. Mr. Caines stated that the Board will be looking into this. She also inquired about the street lights, which will also be looked into-changing to LED lights.
  • Homeowner was concerned about a tree replacement letter and wanted to explain what the holdup was-markers need to placed in the yard. Ms. Belcher asked that they send her an email with the specifics.
  • Garage Sale – will take place on April 22. Ms. Nickelsen will put up the signs.
  • Homeowner who has been getting letters of a missing panel of fence is waiting for the insurance payoff.
  • Dogs on a leash!
  • Case asked the homeowners remind their landscapers to enter and exit through the Hancock entrance.
  • If homeowners see a light out they should get the number off the pole and call Duke Energy.
  • Caines stated that the Board should not comment on Facebook on Board actions.
  • Case reminded homeowners that the access tag should be placed on the windshield, inside the car with the numbers facing you.

 

 

  • Brown reported that the Safety Committee met on March 14 at Cooper Memorial Library. The Police were at the meeting speaking about drones, which is a new venture to law enforcement. Enforcement is proceeding cautiously. Code Enforcement will be at the April meeting to discuss parking on the street-overnight, inoperable vehicles, blocking the sidewalk, and a bus in the community. All residents are encouraged to attened. Watch Facebook for day and time

 

  1. Next meeting will be April 24, 2017 at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.

 

  1. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:31 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.

 

 

 

Posted in Board of Directors, Minutes and tagged , , .