COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
November 28, 2012
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Steve Heller, Tim Trieschmann and Chris Caines in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management.Mr. Wright called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm in the offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to approve the October 23, 2012 minutes as written, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Ms. Belcher will email the approved minutes to Mr. Heller.
- Financial Summary – Operating Cash totals $105,213.87. Income exceeded Expenses in October by $3,679.15. Reserves total $64,606.54. Year-To-Date Income of $119,060.00 exceeded Total Expenses by $20,107.50. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the financial which was seconded by Mr. heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported that:
- Accts 96 & 214 – have been satisfied.
- Acct 25 – Attorney asked for a Cost Deposit. (On Hold until the meeting with HFS)
- Acct 79 – A year ago homeowner settled on a one year payment plan with a balloon payment at its duration. Balance on the account is $4,258.09. Homeowner had contacted the Attorney to see if some lesser settlement could be arranged.Mr. Caines made a motion to offer her a settlement of $3,500 in a lump sum payment, which was seconded by Mr. Trieschmann and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Accts 85 & 190 – Mr. Caines made a motion to proceed with liens, which was seconded by Trieschmann and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Inspection – was conducted today. Code Enforcement had already been called on the hat-racking of the trees on Princeton. Some homeowners will be cited. Ms. Belcher will forward the addresses to the Board when she gets them from Code Enforcement.
- HOA Financial Solutions – In a conversation with Mr. Poulos he explained that he was in the process of revising his contract so it would be easier to understand. He told me that Mr. Trieschmann’s questions would be answered in that revision. Mr. Wright had spoken with the President of Marsh Hammock. This Association has already signed a contract with HFS and collected the last quarterly dues on six accounts-money they surely wouldn’t have had if this contract would not have been signed. Board agreed that they would like to speak with HFS again on December 10 at 7:00 pm. If possible they would like to see the new contract before the meeting.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Sidewalk/Curb Repair – Board had some questions for Masonry Works: 1) will the repair at 810 consist of removing and replacing 3 LF of existing curbing apron? Would you agree to an inspection of work completed before being paid? Three more sections of sidewalk (front & back out of the gate) need replacing. There’s also cracked concrete on a drain at Princeton and Rollins.Ms. Belcher will contact Masonry Works.
- Moving/Placing Speed Signs – in progress.
- Projects List – Mr. Heller reported that the lights were up but there seemed to be a problem with the ballasts of the four foot fixtures on both sides of the entrance. Mr. Goodger will take a look at it with Mr. Heller.
- Caution Signs – Mr. Goodger will attach the signs to the gates.
- NEW BUSINESS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Re-Striping and Road Repair – Board was concerned of the professional look of the 20 mph painted on the streets. They would like the quote revised to include 4 sets of 20 mph in front of 820, 880, 962 and 1059 Princeton. Also the No Parking lines should be placed on both sides of the entrance. Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to approve up to $2,000 for this project, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- HOA Financial Solutions – already discussed.
Architectural – Mr. Spooner stated that one re-paint application for 791 Princeton had been approved. Mr. Spooner will get the address where the homeowner had been cited months ago for cutting down the tree and was to replace it with a Magnolia, which hasn’t been done yet.
- OPEN FORUM
- Mr. Case stated that the traffic light on Oakley Seaver was to be discussed at a City Council Workshop on December 11. It is hoped that the City and County will split the cost.
- Mr. Goodger mentioned that the light at the back entrance was a good idea, but the entire street is dark. Ms. Belcher will inquire if there are any plans on installing street lights.
- Tree Trimming and Yard Waste procedures will be included in the next newsletter.
- The date of the next Board meeting will be December 10, 2012 @ 7:00 pm in the offices of Sentry Management. The only item on the agenda will be the meeting with HFS.
- Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:44 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
Marlene Belcher, LCAM Approval Date ____________________