COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
December 22, 2014
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Charles Kornegay, and Steve Heller in attendance. Chris Caines was absent. There is still one director vacancy. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Owners Mr. and Mrs. Bailey of 944 Cornell were also in attendance. Mr. Wright called the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Sentry Management Offices.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the November 24, 2014 minutes, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – The Financial Summary and financial statements for November were provided and reviewed. A detailed review of accounts in arrears was provided separately. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial reports as submitted, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the manager report as submitted, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Vacant Director Position – no update
- Motillal, 936 Cornell – no decision
- NEW BUSINESS
- Gate Remotes – Management has 3 remotes to return to Mr. Caines, however since he was not at the meeting they will be held and returned to him at the next meeting.
- 2015 Proposed Budget –The Board requested some adjustments be made and discussed the budget. Mr. Heller made a motion to accept the budget as presented, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and passed with a unanimous voice vote.
- Bid to clean out Banyan Canyon – The Board discussed the need to trim up trees, remove dead trees, remove debris piles, and level/regrade several areas. There is still a need for the Board to mark trees for trimming and removal, identify piles for removal, and identify areas needing regarding/leveling. This was to be done prior to requesting new bids.
- Bid from A Cut Above to repair washouts – The Board discussed the conditions of the two washouts and the possibility that one of the washouts might be rectified with grass now that the irrigation has been repaired/relocated. Mr. Wright agreed to speak to the landscaper about specific questions he had.
- Architectural Review Committee (ARC) Update:
- The Board discussed the email from Benson, 1082 Princeton regarding his neighbor and the condition of their yard. Mr. Wright had inspected the property and did not feel the condition warranted action at this time. However, the Board will monitor the situation again in the Spring.
- Mr. Wright reported that the sidewalk at 904 Cornell had been painted gray to help obscure the orange sidewalk paint. While this was not one of the choices the homeowner was provided, he asked the Board members to look at it and decide whether the remedy was sufficient.
- Welcome Committee Update– none
- Reimbursement for remote control expense: Mr. Wright noted that it appeared 2 owners had been given 3 replacement remotes for $120, when the Board policy limited free replacements to two per household. He asked that the two owners be contacted and billed the $40 for the extra remote.
- Mr. Wright would like an explanation for the $40 credit to account 4190.
- The Board requested a bid from A Cut Above for refreshing mulch.
- The Board requested that A Cut Above trim the crepe myrtle trees in the park.
- OPEN FORUM
- Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:55 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.