COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 24, 2014
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Charles Kornegay, in attendance. Steve Heller was absent. There is still one director vacancy. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Steve Case of the ARC was in attendance. New homeowner Robert and Judy Garcia and family were also in attendance. Mr. Wright called the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Sentry Management Offices.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the October 27, 2014 minutes, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary – The Financial Summary and financial statements were provided and reviewed. A detailed review of accounts in arrears was provided separately. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the financial reports as submitted, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the manager report as submitted, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Vacant Director Position – no update; there will be an article in the newsletter asking for volunteers.
- Motillal, 936 Cornell – no decision
- NEW BUSINESS
- Gate Remotes – Management returned 2 remotes to Mr. Caines at the meeting. The Board discussed possible revisions to the existing policy. Mr. Caines made a motion, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay, to revise the existing policy so that it would be ongoing and not expire at year-end 2014; furthermore, the policy would be changed so that each resident would be allowed to receive 1 free replacement of an existing remote. The motion carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- 2015 Proposed Budget –The Board requested some adjustments be made and discussed the budget. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to accept the budget as presented, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and passed with a unanimous voice vote.
- Bid to clean out Banyan Canyon – The Board expressed interest in receiving another bid to clean up Banyan Canyon. They agreed to mark trees for removal, identify piles for removal, and identify areas needing regarding/leveling. This was to be done prior to requesting new bids.
- Bid from A Cut Above to repair washouts – The Board discussed the conditions of the two washouts. Mr. Wright agreed to speak to the landscaper about specific questions he had.
- Architectural Review Committee (ARC) Update – The Board discussed the email from Benson, 1082 Princeton regarding his neighbor. Mr. Wright agreed to go inspect the property.
- Welcome Committee Update– none
Caines made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
John R. Morgan, CAM