COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
October 23, 2012
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Steve Heller, Tim Trieschmann and Charles Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm in the offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to approve the September 27, 2012 minutes as written, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Ms. Belcher will email the approved minutes to Mr. Heller.
- Financial Summary – Operating Cash totals $108,128.28. Income exceeded Expenses in September by $3,071.48 Reserves total $63,621.69. Year-To-Date Income of $114,544.50 exceeded Total Expenses by $16,428.35. Mr. Wright stated that the Association was showing a surplus even though there are a lot of arrearages. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial which was seconded by Mr. Trieschmann and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported that:
- Acct 214 – Waiting for payoff from attorney.
- Acct 135 – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to proceed with a lien on this account, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Acct 196 – Mr. Trieschmann made a motion to approve a $584.97 settlement on this account, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a majority voice vote. Mr. Kornegay opposed.
- Acct 85 – MFC dismissed. Mr. Heller made a motion to proceed with collection, which was seconded by mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Gate Remotes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to order the remotes, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Street Light at Back Gate – installed.
- 819 Princeton – sent letter not to cut limbs and throw over back hedges.
- Speed Trailer/STOP Sign Parking – Officer Colon finally got back to me. Speed trailer will be placed across from 911 Princeton. In Florida it is prohibited to park nearer than 30 ft from a STOP sign.
- HOA Financial Solutions – Attorney opinion was received. Board will review the contract and send their questions to Ms. Belcher, who will forward them to Mr. Poulos. A decision will be made in November, if the Board would like to do business with HFS.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Sidewalk/Curb Repair – Waiting for quote from Masonry Works.
- Moving/Placing Speed Signs – on hold.
- Projects List – Christmas Decorations will be added to the projects list. Board agreed to have Mr. Heller order what was needed.
- Caution Signs – Signs should be 25 ½ inches wide. No reply to email.
- 2013 Budget Approval – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the budget (lowering Bad Debt Expense instead of Legal Expense), which was seconded by Mr. Trieschmann and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Re-milling may be an issue in years to come, but when necessary it could be done in phases.
- NEW BUSINESS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Re-Striping and Road Repair – Perma Stripe was emailed a site map. Board members would like to see the 20 MPH painted on the roads (both sides) where there are long stretches of road. Mr. Trieschmann suggested that yellow striping be painted on the road by the STOP sign – thirty feet down the street to see if that deters parking there. Ms. Belcher will contact Perma Stripe.
- Architectural – Mr. Kornegay took the two applications with him, since he was the only one present from the Architectural Committee.
- OPEN FORUM
- Mr. Manina, the only member present, stated that the hedges looked great. He knows that the Board has a thankless job, but thinks the community is looking much better.
- The date of the next Board meeting will be November 28, 2012 @ 7:00 pm in the offices of Sentry Management.
- Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:47 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
Marlene Belcher, LCAM Approval Date ___________________