COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 27, 2014
1. Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, Charles Kornegay, and Steve Heller in attendance. There is still one director vacancy. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Two members of the ARC were in attendance: Steve Case and Titus Lawrence. Mr. Wright called the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Sentry Management Offices.
2. Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
3. Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the September 22, 2014 minutes, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
4. Financial Summary – The Financial Summary and financial statements were provided and reviewed. A detailed review of accounts in arrears was provided separately. Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the financial reports as submitted, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
5. Manager’s Report – Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the manager report as submitted, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Review of General Restrictions – Management incorporated the newly-approved rules and revised the Handbook for Homeowners. The Board asked it to be sent to all homeowners and tenants. If possible, they would like it sent out with the newsletter, budget, and coupon mailing later this year, and printed on 2 sides to reduce the expense.
B. Vacant Director Position – no update
C. Bailey, 944 Cornell / Motillal, 936 Cornell – Mr. Kornegay made motion, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and passed with a unanimous voice vote, to allow the paver/tile modification to the Bailey’s home, 944 Cornell and to close those violations, since this modification was made prior to the Baileys owning the property. There was no decision reached regarding 936 Cornell.
D. Parking across sidewalks – Mr. Wright signed the estimate for Ramco. The Board asked Management to find out when Ramco patrols could start, and to ask what would happen if a house is having a party with multiple guests.
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. Gate Remotes – Management has implemented the Board policy for swapping non-functioning remotes for working ones, and 12 remotes were returned to Mr. Caines at the meeting. Steve Heller made a motion to make the swap policy retroactive back to the date of the repair (7/9/2014) and reimburse any owners that purchased remotes until the swap policy became effective (9/24/2014); he also proposed the swap policy should be effective through year-end 2014 and should end on 12/31/2014. Mr. Caines seconded the motion, which passed with a unanimous voice vote.
B. Message Board signs – Mr. Caines recommended this be tabled for now.
C. 2015 Proposed Budget – Management discussed some revisions to the 2015 proposed budget. The Board requested some adjustments be made for the Board to review.
D. Website – The Board reviewed the new site created by Chris Caines.
E. Bid to clean out banyan canyon – The Board reviewed current pictures of Banyan Canyon and asked management to research what A Cut Above was asked to do on previous cleanup.
F. Irrigation Upgrades – Chris Caines made a motion to accept the Option 2 proposal from A Cut Above to move the sprinkler heads on Oakley Seaver out towards the road and to replace them with rotary heads. This was seconded by Steve Heller and passed by unanimous voice vote.
G. Fall Newsletter Draft – The Board provided some revisions to the draft and asked that it be sent out with the revised Handbook, 2015 approved budget, and coupons.
H. Architectural Committee – There were several applications as detailed in the Manager’s Report that were discussed and approved. The Board discussed the recent violation by 904 Cornell Avenue for painting the sidewalk without ARB approval. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to offer the owner 2 options: 1) remove the red paint, 2) cover the red paint with pavers once an ARC form is submitted and approved. Steve Heller seconded the motion, and it passed with unanimous voice vote.
I. Welcome Committee Update– none
J. Christmas Lights – Mr. Heller presented proposals and costs for additional Christmas lighting, which was approved by the Board by a unanimous voice vote.
K. Landscaping – The Board asked Management to direct the Landscaper to trim the shrubs at the front entrance lower so they do not cover the College Park signs. They also asked him to put poinsettias in at the front entrance for holiday decorations as has been done before.
L. Damage to front entrance and obelisk – The Board asked Management to contact Ernie about repairing damage to the foam cap of the column on the south side of the entrance, and to the corner of the obelisk.
8. OPEN FORUM
9. Mr. Caines made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:25 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.