COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
October 24, 2016
- Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Chris Caines, Steve Heller, Michael Wilson, Joan Auletta and Chuck Kornegay in attendance. Marlene Belcher represented Sentry Management. Mr. Caines called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management.
- Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the September 26, 2016 minutes as written. Mr. Wilson seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Financial Summary –Operating Cash totals $170,606.22 with Reserves at $143,173.86. Income exceeded Expenses by $494.76 due to the fence repair at the bottom of the canyon. Year-to-Date Surplus is $19,577.36.
- Manager’s Report – Ms. Belcher reported:
- Accts 117 & 212 are waiting for disbursement.
- Acct 164 – Only paid $100 of the $200 in the payment plan. Board agreed not to default the account.
- Acct 184 – Homeowner asked for the waiving of fees in her settlement. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to accept the payment plan, but NOT to waive fees. If payment plan is defaulted, begin lien foreclosure. Mr. Wilson seconded the motion, which carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Inspection- Mr. Case and I inspected the property on October 19. Most violations were for tree limbs hanging over the sidewalk.
- Received the lighting plan from SJRWMD. Plan will be compared to where the lights really are. Mr. Caines mentioned that one light at the entrance is on all the time. Ms. Belcher will contact Duke Energy.
Ms. Belcher’s complete report will be included in the minute book.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Rehabilitation Letter/Policy – Caines explained that before the attorney letter and policy could be sent out, the homeowners handbook had to be updated and distributed. It has to comply with the Covenant Enforcement Policy and Procedure concerning the timing that violation letters are sent. The guideline will be changed to match the policy and can either be approved by email or at the next board meeting. The new guidelines-in their entirety will be handed out and signed for when the new RFID tags are distributed. Ms. Auletta made a motion to approve the attorney’s letter and policy as written, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Bench at Playground – on order.
- Trash Can (Front Entrance) – received and waiting for the bench to be delivered so both can be installed at the same time.
- Gate System Update – Mr. Caines reported that exit operators had been attached to the gate and both arms have been installed at the front entrance. Nothing done at the back gate as yet. Alarm Protection did get a late start due to part shipment delay caused by Hurricane Matthew. A ten day extension has been added to installation time. Mr. Caines explained that he had contacted both Century Link (current provider of internet and phone service) and BrightHouse to talk about speed and the charges related to the service. It turns out that BrightHouse is a few hundred dollars less than Century Link and offers no blocking (so cell phones can be used to enter guests into the community). Bright House has performed a site survey and are waiting for the go ahead. Mr. Wilson made a motion to go with BrightHouse, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote. Mr. Caines and Ms. Belcher will meet to discuss specifics. When should Century Link be canceled? It is still running the back gate. How many stickers should be distributed was discussed. Two will definitely be given to homeowners for free and four additional ones can be purchased. There are still some questions yet to be answered- how will the school bus, garbage truck, mail truck and even the association’s vendors get access to the community? How are realtors (for vacant houses) to gain access? RFID tags will be distributed on several dates and times. A notice will be sent to residents on what will take place and what they should bring with them. A form will be included with the notice that has to be filled out in order to receive the RFID tags.
- 2017 Budget Approval – After reducing gate repairs by $300 and putting the funds into Gate Electric, Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the budget, which was seconded by Mr. Heller and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ARC Update – Mr. Caines reported that two applications had been approved-one repaint and the other was to take down an overgrown oak and replace with a magnolia tree. 2410 Rollins has been chosen Yard of the Month. A $25 gift card will be presented to the homeowner.
- Sign Inventory – is in progress.
- Wind Damaged Tree – Caines volunteered to take down the tree himself. Board members were hesitant, but he said he didn’t mind doing it. Mr. Heller volunteered to help. The stump grinding will come at a later date.
- Meeting with ACA – Caines will be contacting Jose from A Cut Above to walk the property. The bushes are looking bad (getting thin/not properly trimmed). There are weeds under the bushes and in the front beds. Trash is scattered throughout and the perimeter trees need trimming.
- A column cap had been damaged in the park. Ms. Belcher will contact Maddie & Daddie to repair and paint.
- Yard Sale – Board agreed that the 2016 Fall Yard Sale would be the second week of November-the 12th. Mr. Wilson made a motion to obtain the permit, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Playground Grand Re-Opening – on hold until the gate system is installed.
- OPEN FORUM
- Christmas Lights – Wilson made a motion to spend up to $200 on Christmas Lights, which was seconded by Ms. Auletta and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
- Mr. Wilson asked that a copy of the inspection sheet be included in the board package.
- Nickelson volunteered to clean the coach lights and maybe take it one step further – look into replacement.
- Remotes will be given out to homeowners that want one to enter the back gate.
- Next meeting will be November 28, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the Offices of Sentry Management. Board agreed not to have a meeting in December. Ms. Auletta will not be attendance in November.
Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:11 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Wilson and carried with a unanimous voice vote.