COLLEGE PARK OF CLERMONT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 22, 2014
1. Establish a Quorum and Call to Order – A quorum was established with Charles Wright, Chris Caines, and Charles Kornegay in attendance. Steve Heller was absent. There is still one director vacancy. John Morgan represented Sentry Management. Mr. Wright called the Board meeting to order at 7:00 pm at the Sentry Management Offices.
2. Notice was posted according to Florida Statutes at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
3. Approval of Minutes – Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the August 25, 2014 minutes, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
4. Financial Summary – Operating Cash amounts to $180296 with Reserves at $87,994. Current Income exceeds Expenses by $1,828.31, Year-to-Date Income exceeds Expenses by $7,012.28. A detailed review of accounts in arrears was provided separately. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to approve the financial reports, which was seconded by Mr. Caines and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
5. Manager’s Report – The Board reviewed several items from the Manager’s Report.
A. Property Inspection – A property inspection of College Park was done with the ARC and violation letters were sent out. One focus of the inspection was on mailboxes.
B. The reflectors that were installed to the front gate have begun falling off. The Board requested they be replaced with conspectivity tape.
C. Management has responded to a second complaint about the flying drones. Mr. Wright will follow up with the Clermont PD.
D. The need for concrete repair of the sidewalk at 831 Princeton was reported to City of Clermont.
Mr. Caines made a motion to approve the report, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Review of General Restrictions –Mr. Wright confirmed that the Board members had no further comments or revisions to make about the draft restrictions. Mr. Kornegay made a motion to adopt the guidelines on Brick and Concrete Pavers and append them to the Handbook.
B. Vacant Director Position – The Board requested management put a notice of the open position in the next newsletter.
C. Bailey, 944 Cornell / Motillal, 936 Cornell – No action taken at this time.
D. Parking across sidewalks – The Board indicated they were comfortable with the draft documents and directed management to begin working with Ramco.
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. Gate Repair Proposals – The Board discussed two options from the gate company. Mr. Caines made a motion to exchange an existing non-functioning remote for a new working remote at no cost to the homeowner. This will be done on a case-by-case basis and homes with more than one remote may receive a new remote in exchange for each non-functioning remote they turn in. Turned in remotes that can be repaired may possibly be made available to homeowners in the future. Mr. Kornegay seconded the motion, and it passed with a unanimous voice vote.
B. Message Board signs – Mr. Caines showed examples of a message board that would cost approx. $800. He was asked to research whether the existing message board could be modified to accommodate the new signage.
C. 2015 Proposed Budget – Management discussed some revisions to the 2015 proposed budget. Additional revisions will be discussed next month and the budget will be approved.
D. 2014 CPA Engagement – The Board decided to renew the engagement with Arrington & Company for the 2014 return. Mr. Wright signed the engagement letter and directed management to return it to Arrington & Company.
E. Website – deferred until next meeting
F. Bid to clean out banyan canyon – The Board requested management get a competitive bid from PLM and also clarify if A Cut Above’s bid included stump removal.
G. Architectural Committee – no applications
H. Welcome Committee – none
I. Irrigation Upgrades –Management is getting bids.
8. OPEN FORUM
9. Mr. Caines made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:25 pm, which was seconded by Mr. Kornegay and carried with a unanimous voice vote.